Have you ever wondered if intuitive healing can help you or if you can learn to use it yourself? Intuitive healing is a type of energy or spiritual healing that uses non-invasive methods to locate and correct energy imbalances in the body. It is not yet well-accepted in the Western medical community; however, energy healing has been used with great results for thousands of years. Here’s a look at intuitive healing and how it helps you heal yourself.
What Is Intuitive Healing Used For?
Emotional problems such as depression, low self-esteem, anxiety and panic attacks are commonly treated by opening the chakras to restore free flow of energy to the body’s physical and emotional systems.
Physical ailments can be healed as well. Chronic pain, asthma, joint stiffness and many other physical symptoms are representative of energy blockages. If the energy blockages are removed and harmonious balance is restored, the symptoms can spontaneously disappear. Western medicine is still very slow to accept the efficacy of energy healing methods, although it is acknowledged that the power of the mind plays a significant role in the healing process.
Locating Energy Blockages and Imbalances
The healer uses his or her senses to locate energy imbalances (which manifest as undesirable physical symptoms). This can be done in a completely hands-off manner by observing the patient’s aura. An energy blockage alters the color of the patient’s aura at the point of the blockage, which occurs in the body’s energy centers or chakras.
Since each chakra corresponds to a certain aspect of a person’s life, the healer can also locate the blockage by observing the quality of the patient’s life in various areas such as relationships, self-esteem, wealth, etc.
Another method is to use the hands to scan the body for blockages – again, not by touching the patient but by sensing energy flow or lack of it.
The Healing Process
Once an energy blockage is located, the healer engages the patient in the healing process. The healer acts like a facilitator, guiding and supporting the patient through self-healing using mental, emotional, spiritual and physical methods such as visualization and focused intention.
The healer instructs the patient to visualize the energy blockage and use any number of techniques to break the blockage down (these techniques may vary from practitioner to practitioner). Techniques such as visualizing healing light, visualizing the blockage breaking into tiny pieces and dissipating, or visualizing the blockage melting away as positive energy is directed at them, are just three examples of techniques used.
In this non-invasive way, the body is encouraged to use its own healing resources to restore balance and harmony in the system.
Some people add other healing methods such as herbal remedies to further support the body in its healing process.
How to Improve Your Intuitive Healing Abilities
Yes, you do have intuitive healing abilities. Everyone does! It’s just that most people haven’t learned to direct the power of their mind. Here’s how to get started:
1. Change your attitude. A lot of your attitude – or outlook on life – flies below the radar, outside your awareness. It’s due to persistent negative beliefs. These are the same beliefs that caused the energy blockages in the first place! Notice any areas of struggle in your life: these clearly point to self-limiting beliefs you hold about yourself: for example, “I’m not good enough to be successful” or “Nobody can love someone like me.” You don’t even know these beliefs exist, yet they manifest in your life circumstances and in your health problems!
2. Know your body. Not many of us are all that attuned to our bodies. Be aware of the physical feelings you have, every day – not just the big aches and pains, but the more subtle things like persistent but less annoying things you may have just gotten used to: dry skin, bloating, gas, fatigue, low libido, etc. These are signs from your body that something’s not right! The body does a great job of self-repair, when given a chance, but any persistent problem means the system is out of balance. Learn to sense your energy (“chi” or “prana”) by doing a systematic body scan (feet to top of head) where you visualize your chakras – each chakra corresponds to a different color – and hold your attention on each one until you sense its color and vitality. If a color seems weaker than the others, there’s a blockage.
3. Listen to your intuition. Your inner guidance is always available to teach you and point you in the right direction. Its guidance sometimes goes counter to the intellect. You can open the doors to intuition by meditation or prayer. Your answers come in the form of hunches, visual images, sounds, gut feelings, memories or a ‘knowing’. These feelings can be strong or subtle. You may receive answers in your dreams. These can be tough to interpret because the symbols used by the mind are sometimes bizarre. Keep a dream journal and write down and interpret every dream you can remember – especially the recurring ones, which are essential to understand! The more you learn to listen to your intuition, the easier you will come to notice it and trust it.
4. Direct your energy. Focus your mental and emotional energy on healing. Visualize the body as completely healthy (not ‘being healed’ or ‘healing’ which is the process, not the end result). Also avoid giving thought to the existing condition because ‘what you think about, comes about’. Visualize the end result you want – perfect health in every aspect of the word! Use the visualization techniques described above to specifically direct the healing energy.
5. Allow. Allow the healing to work. Don’t second-guess, don’t doubt. Set your intention to heal, use visualization and emotional power of thoughts, and kick back and let your body do its thing!
Why Intuitive Healing Works
Intuitive healing works because of the mind-body connection. Interestingly, there is really no such ‘connection’ because that would imply that the mind and body are separate. They’re not! They are aspects of the same thing, just as you cannot separate a side of a piece of paper from the material it’s made of.
Even if you don’t consider yourself a ‘healer’, you are one! You have the power to self-heal, if you master your mind and apply your thought/emotional energy to healing.